In this episode of Tech Chick Tips…
We’re back from Canada and the Teacher2Teacher conference. Love our new friends! We blabber on a bit so if you’re not interested in our trip to Canada, fast forward to about 11:42 :)
- LookyBook – We say farewell!
- PageKeeper – quickly and easily create a webpage of links to share with your students and parents. Free with no advertising! Best example of its use: DJBecker’s Page
- DrivingKids – Here’s a first – we talk about something we pointedly do not recommend. Listen to the podcast to find out why! Well, okay – it’s because the navigation is clunky, the games aren’t easily discernible to ability level and the chat has very little protection for kids
- SmartPhone Filters – discussion of filtering on smartphones for students/kids and a link to one such application for the iPhone
- Lincoln’s FaceBook Page – what Abraham Lincoln’s Facebook page would look like if he had one
- WebSlides on Diigo – turn a collection of bookmarks (or an RSS feed!) into a slideshow. Look for an example at the end of this, and all forthcoming podcast episode notes
- TweetCall – call in your Twitter updates for free!
- GeoLogTag ($4.99 @iTunes) – use your iPhone as a geotagger to snyc up your photos with your location