9 users responded in this post

Subscribe to this post comment rss or trackback url
User Gravatar
Jeff said in May 3rd, 2008 at 12:30 pm

I think the Flip camcorders are ideal for “snapshot videos,” just like the ones you posted. I’ll be adding several of them to my middle school’s technology tool kit.

User Gravatar
Nancy said in May 3rd, 2008 at 1:34 pm

The cat chasing laser was one of the funniest videos I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for an afternoon laugh.

User Gravatar
Charlene said in May 14th, 2008 at 5:21 am

I love how the kitty looks up at the end!
Have you watched the JJ Abrams TED Talk — the Mystery Box? Great talk about creativity and his start into making films as a child. http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/205

Thanks for sharing!

User Gravatar
Lee Ann Spillane said in May 15th, 2008 at 7:26 am

Love it! I got my flip video last Thursday –one of my first thoughts was of ordering a second one for my 7 year-old! Now I’m going to have to! Thanks for the encouragement.

User Gravatar
Paul R Wood said in May 17th, 2008 at 6:11 am

How funny. Is there an old school teacher in one of your children? Then the cat video..I was laughing. I think your children will do great. Thanks for sharing those.

User Gravatar
Karen Bosch said in May 23rd, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Thanks for posting your observations. I bought a Flip a year ago and have barely used it. I like the size because it is easy to carry around. I think if you haven’t done much with movie editing before you’d love it because it is so easy to download and edit in their software. But I agree that it is not the best solution if you plan to pull the clips into iMovie for lots of editing. I can really tell a difference in the quality when in iMovie – it seems very pixelated and you can really see that it is hard to keep the small camera still while filming. So I agree that the Flip is great to put into the hands of kids to take a few short clips to document an activity, but not the solution if you are really wanting them to learn about video filming and editing. BTW, the cat video was great!

User Gravatar
Kimberly said in June 17th, 2008 at 5:26 pm

I think I’m going to order the USB connectors. The way the USB is on the school computers the flip kind of hangs mid air. Not the best situation safety wise.

User Gravatar
Anna said in June 19th, 2008 at 9:36 am

@Kimberly: Don’t buy them from Flip, though. Unless you WANT the pretty colors. They’ll be cheaper at Walmart. It’s just a USB extension.

User Gravatar
dkzody said in June 19th, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Love my Flip, bought it at Stanford University bookstore when I was there for a job fair. My husband and I have had some fun playing with it. I did a short video, editing in iMovie, and uploaded it to Google video. </embed