9 users responded in this post

Subscribe to this post comment rss or trackback url
User Gravatar
Mathew said in January 3rd, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Sounds great. Wish we could see it.

User Gravatar
Cathy Nelson said in January 3rd, 2008 at 4:30 pm

So Anna is it possible to post that preso on Slide share (of course in the slides where there was a video just place a text reference and URL) and then make it available for download? I would LOVE to do something similar. I know they had to be impressed!!

User Gravatar
Tina said in January 3rd, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Thanks for sharing your process…very helpful for thinking about reaching specific teachers!! You put a lot of work into this presentation. Keep us posted on the results in the next few weeks. I’m interested to see how your teachers respond!

User Gravatar
Barb in Nebraska said in January 3rd, 2008 at 5:12 pm

I’m SO glad it went well!

User Gravatar
Pam said in January 3rd, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Wow! Thanks for sharing this very cool idea! I totally plan to borrow it!

User Gravatar
Scott S. Floyd said in January 4th, 2008 at 12:33 am

Thanks for the great links and ideas here!

User Gravatar
Ann Oro said in January 5th, 2008 at 1:11 pm

Congratulations on the presentation. If you didn’t suffer over the 30 minute presentation, it would not have turned out so well. That is the downside of getting classroom teachers involved. I like how the idea came together. I think you’ve given us a great new way to approach our local teachers.

We have a lot of reports being typed, Internet research, and good old Accelerated Reader. I’d really like to see more creative and collaborative projects going on in my school. Videos of our own students talking about what they do outside vs. inside school could be very persuasive; especially if it’s made using the technology available in the building to create it.

User Gravatar
ailsa said in January 29th, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Great read: “technology” is just everyday “stuff”. Ursula Franklin described it as the ‘way we do things round here’. Nice little method described for having the message come straight from the mouths of young people. I can see links me of my own stuff integrating txt and other communication technologies into the work of counselling.

User Gravatar
Anna said in February 14th, 2008 at 2:03 pm

A little crow eating. Realized way AFTER the fact that the info I quoted in my preso was for middle school kids. I’d looked at the wrong data. Not TOO much different with our kids, but definitely less with cellphones and less personal time computer usage. Message is still the same, though, even if the numbers were a little off.