6 users responded in this post

Subscribe to this post comment rss or trackback url
User Gravatar
Jessica and Charlotte said in December 18th, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Anna,

I think this is a really cool idea..I’m sorry that I didn’t read it before hand. So Charlotte and I are woking on our Jan. 2nd presentations and we came up with a few questions for the teachers…

“Do you remember recording songs from the radio on a cassette tape?”
“Do you remember ATARI and PONG?”
“Do you remember the Colecovision?”
“Do you remember when the channels only went to 20?”
“Do you remember having to adjust the dials to change the channel?”
“Do you remember when roller skates had 4 wheels and there weren’t any shoes with wheels?”
“Do you remember that when your mom wanted you home, she’d open the door and yell out your name or whistle?”

User Gravatar
Wayne Basinger said in December 19th, 2007 at 12:51 pm

For the students:

I have created a PowerPoint presentation for a class.

I have created a Podcast for a class.

I have created a website for a class.

I have created my own technology project for a class.

Getting students to think about what kinds of technology they have used in the past might get them to think about how they can use technology in the future.

User Gravatar
Carolyn Foote said in December 21st, 2007 at 10:42 pm

Well, I’m a little behind on my reading but this sounds like a great way to get people to “cross the line” so to speak and engage.

We did some student panels live earlier in the year and it has made a real difference for some of our teachers, I think.

Hope it goes well!

User Gravatar
Ann Oro said in December 23rd, 2007 at 8:24 pm

This is great. I’d love to see your lists when your done. How about:

“Do you remember picking up your grandmother’s phone and being told to hang up when someone else was on the party line?”

“Do you remember your handheld Coleco football game?”

“Do you remember when you missed your favorite TV show, you missed your favorite show until reruns?”

“Do you remember when your record got a scratch and you came to expect the skip when you listened to it on the radio?”

“Do you remember getting a Walkman?”

I love the idea of having your own student’s faces in the video.

User Gravatar
Patricia Cone said in December 24th, 2007 at 9:10 pm

No one has mention using a slide rule (gasp!) This is pre-calculator technology. I remember taking a first year chemistry class and having to do my lab calculations on one. Calculators became more affordable as the year went on, but we weren’t allowed to write our final exam in the spring of 1974 because not everyone had a calculator.

User Gravatar
Barb in Nebraska said in December 28th, 2007 at 8:24 pm

I love this idea! Will you share it?