First, let me say that we actually have episode number 28 posted and have for awhile we just didn’t make note of it here. It’s a reflection on our week at the Apple Distinguished Educator Institute we were both SO lucky to be a part of. Wow.
But, the purpose of this post is to follow up on being tagged by Mathew Needleman. The rules are to list 8 random facts about ourselves and then to tag 8 other people, leaving a comment on their blogs that they’ve been tagged. That’s the part I’ll have a little problem with simply because I don’t know who minds and doesn’t mind getting tagged. But we’ll see when I get there.
Well, first of all I did that 5 things about me meme a few months ago and I almost relisted three of those things in this five. So I’m going to have to be much more random…
- I have a dog now. Haven’t had a pet in seven years (fish don’t count) since we gave up our cat because she would find a place and pee – never the litterbox – anytime our then newborn would cry. Newborns cry a lot. Though we haven’t had a pet in a very long time, my husband and I love animals. At one point we had nine ferrets, five dogs and two cats. No really. But now we have one dog. Beau. You can see his Dogster page here.
- There are a number of jobs I’ve been interested in and never pursued. I’m sure most adults can say this – little boys who wanted to be firemen and little girls who wanted to be president – but I think some of my job interests were kinda different. I’ve wanted to be a foley artist, a stunt woman and a large animal trainer. Oh yes and a nun. Seriously.
- I was almost kicked out of a movie for taking a single photo of the CREDITS! The best man at our wedding was listed in the credits of Jumanji. I don’t even remember his title, but he worked for Industrial Light and Magic and this was his first credit. I think the only reason I wasn’t kicked out is because… well… there was no more movie to kick me out of. By the way, it was ultra-cool that he worked for ILM (now it’s Lucas Arts which is still ultra-cool) because he would often send us official crew shirts.
- I could recite the Gettysburg Address when I was nine. My sister, five years older than me, had to memorize it for school and spent I don’t know HOW long practicing it. I had to listen to it so much I could finally say it with her.
- When this same sister was in high school and then in college, I used to write some of her papers for her. She’d pay me by the grade. One of her birthday gifts was a free paper. She still has that coupon and swears if she goes to grad school she’s going to make me pay-up.
- My other sister and I have the same voice. Even my husband can’t tell us apart when we’re on the phone. We’ve tricked our mother more times than I can count. We’ve also tricked her children.
- I am alone in my house right now which is an extremely rare occurrence. My husband is visiting my nephew and my children are spending the night at my parents’ house (5 miles down the road). Well, Beau is with me. It’s kind of eerie alone in the house and I’m not sure I’m going to get much sleep. Which is sad because it would be completely uninterrupted sleep which is something I should take any chance I get!
- I’m going to bed.
So I should tag the eight people and I will, I will. But it will have to wait until tomorrow. I’ll update this page then
Look at that, I can’t even think of clever tags to add. I’m tired!