Episode 23 Podcast Notes
- Muchas gracias to our friend, Marco for our new intro bumper–what do you think??
- Phyllis in Virgina for another contribution to the mic fund!
- Craig for recommending us and being another ADE class of 07 and correcting our pronunciation of Sacajawea (we think we still need an audio recording rom him!)
- Cybercompliments–thank you, Silvia and Frank!
- Thanks to Eric, who was gracious enough to let us interview him via Skype. This was the first time we recorded via Skype, and although we thought we had it, the final recording needs some work. So, stay tuned for episode 24 to hear his interview.
Free until May! Subscription-based animated video service that has great content.
Free online file conversion–convert documents, images, music, and video FROM various formats TO various formats. Emails you a URL (that is live for 24 hours) where you can download your converted file.
Make your own maps on Google. MyMaps is a new feature that makes it quick and easy to create your own custom Google map just by pointing and clicking. You can add placemarks, draw lines and shapes, and embed text, photos and videos.
TerraClues is an online game that makes use of the popular Google Maps technology. The goal is to find hidden markers placed on the world map by solving a series of clues. Clues can range from simple text descriptions to actual photos of landmarks or map screenshots. You can play current games or make your own and share!
Witches and Wiki is the first interactive novel via wiki, about 13 authors. Just write for a password so that you can contribute.
Q&A article with Jimmy Wales, co-creator of Wikipedia. Talks about the validity of Wikipedia and other things.
Citizen’s Compendium is an open wiki project aimed at creating an enormous, free, and reliable encyclopedia. Requires real email addresses and has accountability because there is no anonymity.