Related Articles

6 users responded in this post

Subscribe to this post comment rss or trackback url
User Gravatar
ericcurts said in March 16th, 2007 at 6:13 am

Thanks for including POW-PAK in the podcast! Hopefully there will be schools that find it to be a good web design solution (or supplement) for their teachers.
The only correction – I live in Ohio, rather than Indiana, but that is ok, they pretty much look the same (lots of flat farm land). I am originally from sunny Florida, but that was a long, long time ago.
Thanks again for helping to share the word on POW-PAK.
Eric Curts

User Gravatar
Helen said in March 16th, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Oops! Sorry about the mix-up on home states…we try not to do that, but somehow we mess one up every now and then. Of course, we’d like to say that it’s because of our Texas arrogance (you know anything outside of Texas is considered foreign country!)…we’ll make a correction on our next episode :-)

User Gravatar
NorahAura said in March 22nd, 2007 at 10:59 pm

I found this on the plasq.com forum about Comic Life:

It looks like they are planning on a beta version for Windows in April.

User Gravatar
Anna said in March 23rd, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Thanks, NorahAura! That’s great news for Windows users! We’ll be sure to mention this in our next episode!

User Gravatar
Lisa said in March 24th, 2007 at 10:51 am

Thanks for a nice podcast. The only downside, was when you introduced the
website chacha.com. You responded to a comment
asking how librarians would feel about kids not needing to ask for an adult’s assistance when searching the internet. You said that you would think that perhaps an “actual librarian might feel threatened but I think that would encourage some librarians that are reluctant to the web…that resistance is futile.” Actually, today’s librarians would not have a job for very long if they feel any reluctancy toward using the web. I use it *daily* in my job as a Children’s Librarian in a public library. You did mention the “Virtual Librarian”, which I thought was cool, but then sort of portrayed real life librarians as techno-phobes. Anyway, thanks for your podcast. I’ll be listening again. :)

User Gravatar
Helen said in March 24th, 2007 at 11:26 am

Lisa–I can definitely see your point. We should be careful to not paint all librarians with the same brush–there are so many librarians who are on board and even helping with driving the digital learning train!

I guess we may be drawing from some of our previous experiences…but we’re glad to see that you are listening. Hopefully we have other librarians listening. In fact, I’d love to have you join our forum and become part of the community. It would be great to learn from your experiences and point of view!!

Thanks for commenting–hope to hear from you soon. :-)